Crisis Responders volunteer their time to provide on-scene crisis intervention in the immediate aftermath of a crime or tragic circumstance.
Crisis Responders provide:
- Crisis intervention
- Emotional support
- Information and referrals
- Assistance to identify and address safety issues
- Assistance to identify needs and concerns and develop strategies to address them.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Cellphone and email
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Minimum of 1 year commitment
- Mandatory online training modules
- Mandatory in-class training
- *All applicants must complete an interview process.
Volunteer Application Form
If you do not wish to fill out the online application below, you can download, print, and fill out this PDF version: CKVS Volunteer Application